48th Annual Utah Quilt Show
July 16, 2022 - September 17, 2022
This juried exhibition features quilts of all styles and sizes created by some of the State’s finest quilters. Presented by the Springville Museum of Art and the Utah Valley Quilt Guild with support from the Corn Wagon Quilt Company.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
June 3, 2022 by end of day
Online entry form live
Friday, July 8, 2022 @ 10:00 am-4:00 pm – Saturday July 9, 2022 @10:00am-4:00pm
Quilts may be brought to the Museum for jurying.
Thursday, July 14, 2022
List of accepted quilts posted on www.smofa.org.
Saturday, July 16, 2022 @ 11:00am-1:00pm
Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony
Tuesday, July 19, 2022 – Thursday July 21, 2022, 10:00am-5:00pm
First Quilt Pickup Period
Tuesday, September 20, 2022 – Thursday September 22, 2022, 10:00am-5:00pm
Second Quilt Pickup Period
A list of accepted quilts will be posted on www.smofa.org on Thursday, July 14, 2022. Quilters will not receive notification phone calls; they may call the Museum at 801-489-2727 on July 15 if they are unable to access the website.
Quality in workmanship, design, color, originality, and general appeal will be the principal criteria applied by the selection committee for admission to the show. The same criteria will also be used by the judges. There will be awards for “Best of Show”, “Best Hand Quilting,” as well as many other awards.
Award winners will be contacted directly by Museum Staff or Show Committee members.
This show is open to all current and previous Utah residents. Quilts will be pre-selected by a committee of expert quilters from the following criteria:
1. Quilts must be made using good construction techniques.
2. Quilts must be clean.
3. Quilts must be no longer than 120”.
4. Quilts must have two layers of fabric with a batting sandwiched in between, with either machine or hand quilting.
5. Two quilts may be submitted which have not been previously entered into this show and are not more than three years old.
6. No kits, neither full nor partial.
7. A label must be sewn on the back bottom of the quilt with name of quilt, name of entrant, and/or who quilted it, and date completed.
8. A hanging sleeve (see diagram) must be attached to the back of the quilt. We do not want to damage your quilt with tacks. (This sleeve is unique to this show).
Step 1—Cut a 5” strip of fabric whose length is the width of quilt top, fold it in half, press, draw a pencil line 2” below the fold.
Step 2—Lay top of fold along top of quilt just below the binding, baste with large stitches along the pencil line making sure that the basting stitches do not show on the front of the quilt. No other stitching is required. (Top and ends of hanging sleeve must be loose -- not sewn to the quilt.)
**Quilts not properly prepared for hanging following the eligibility criteria listed will be disqualified.**
HOW TO ENTER
The Annual Springville Museum of Art Quilt Show is a juried competition. Quilts are screened by a panel of experts before they are displayed in the show. After the panel qualifies the quilts, they will be displayed and the quilts will be judged for ribbons/awards by qualified judges. Each quilt participating in the exhibition will receive critique feedback from the judges.
48th Annual Quilt Show Judges TBD